Thursday, November 15, 2007

current fave food read

I'm still eating a bizarre concoction of food as I attempt to finish-off old pantry and freezer items. It's strange lumping ingredients together rather than following a recipe that tastes so much better. I got used to planning, prepping etc, that now it feels wrong to be able to throw canned beans over rice, add some vegetables, and call it a meal. I actually can't wait to start fresh with local winter farmers' market ingredients and explore other cookbooks.

When I actually find the time, I sit in my rocking chair and read a good book with some coffee or hot cocoa. Right now I am really enjoying The United States of Arugula which details the culinary history of American food. I highly recommend it.

Just checking-in, waiting for Saturday's indoor farmers' market. Will report back. I love the indoor farmers' market -- less crowded and always full of surprises (like spinach in December).


No comments: