Saturday, October 27, 2007

developing a wrap-up session & a good read


To everyone who has asked, I am still here and still intending to continue with this project. I am still gathering the main points I want to wrap-up the month's experiment with and I will report back soon.

For now, I will tell you about this amazing book I am reading called "The Real Food Revival." I wish I had found this earlier, but I have been inundated with locavore literature, so perhaps I wouldn't have had the time to read it before now anyways. It's all about the different foods humans consume and the ways we can do better. I am not too far into it, and will provide a more substantial review later. So far I highly recommend it.


2 comments:

Crayons said...

Hi Amanda

I'm happy to see your post. I'm impressed that you are able to blog at all, given your schedule. The book speaks to my growing passion for real food, local food, connections with the community. I love suggestions for new reads.

So much of technology has robbed us of life-giving sources. You are a real pioneer (in a kind of ironic sense).

etteloc said...

Glad to hear you're still doing the blog. I forget to ask...how "strict" will you be with yourself now you're not holding yourself to the 100% local rules? Or are you?

Anyway, it's been an inspiration, truly. Good luck on the 35 page paper.