Tuesday, September 25, 2007

day two: breakfast: omelette 101


For breakfast this morning I made an omelette with feta, dill and cherry tomatoes. Martha's omelette instructions are two pages long and call for clarified butter. Clarifying butter is easier than it sounds and now I have a mason jar full of it in my freezer.

Making the omelette was harder than I had anticipated, especially the folding part. It was supposed to look like a "half moon" -- but I had to compromise and do a tri-fold thing since my half-moon attempt didn't work out. Oh well -- it tasted buttery and clarified and delicious anyways. And all local as well.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to explain the process of clarifying butter to me, as I've never heard of such a thing.

Day 2 seems like it's going to be a successful one!